Monday 4 June 2012

A good mornings work!




Up for an early start, I have almost completed this lap quilt for my friends birthday- she will swoon when she sees it as she has hankered after the one I made for yself a little while ago in the same fabrics! She is wondering why I scrounged a flannellette sheet from her!! Little did she know it was going to end up in the middle of her quilt!

The back is a lightweight Ikea fabric with lobsters and all sorts on-Susie's favourite subject,the sea!

The front is a mix of Kaffe Faset fabrics.
Now I just have to find a binding.....mmmm,could be the hardest bit yet!

And another thing.....
The knitting I referred to has begun


Have a great bank holiday folks
Hx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower! Fabulous little quilt, such an eclectic mix of colours, love it!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely, I think your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne- I know she will adore it! I have loved making it!
      Heatherx

      Delete
  3. Hi Victoria, so pleased to have you follow- welcome! I love this quilt, I am getting better with practise - my first one like this is lovely but this one is just a bt better-probably because I made it for someone else! I will post a picture when it has its binding!
    Heather.x

    ReplyDelete