Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday Sunday......

I thought it was time I got off my backside and got some exercise, so I had a very energizing walk along the sea front at Steamer Point- great name isnt it? I wonder if people went there to let off steam??
The weather was gorgeous, and the walk took me along to Highcliffe Castle.


View from Steamer point towards Avon Beach and Mudeford


Highcliffe Castle

I think I am seeing quilts every where I go- these windows would make a great quilt- I am very fond of squares, probably becasue they are easy? I am such a light weight, I really must try something harder! I am going to quilt my Kaffe Fasset lap quilt with shadow quilting- it is very effective.

Quilted windows!

I came across this amazing tree in  one of the nearby streets- it must be ancient, I wouldnt like to live in the house behind it- the span of the branches is massive!




I have done very little sewing this week- I am glued to the DVD set  of The Killing, series 1. I am usually good at multi tasking but I havent yet mastered the art of doing patchwork and reading subtitles at the same time! I must do better this week- lots of unfinished things around.......


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Have enjoyed looking round your blog and I too see quilts and other patterns everywhere - in the most unusual places. We have just finished watching The Killing (20 hours of viewing over ten days!) and am now glad to get my life back! Compulsive or what? x Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy- I am glad I am not the only one with killing addictions! I can't wait to see what happens next- I can't believe I still have 10 episodes to watch. I like wallander and also Spiral, the french thrillers.
    Just had a look at your blog- your ceramics are stunning, you put so much work in them .i love the idea of patchwork in ceramic!
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete