Sunday 3 March 2013

Busy doing nothing....

Well, except a bit of sewing,  bit of reading and a bit of film watching..........
I read The Tsunami Countdown pretty much in one sitting as I couldnt put it down! Bit of a far fetched thriller but as I know Hawaii well it brought back memeories of my vacations there.
Last night I watched Argo to see what al the awards were about- have to say I really enjoyed it although it wouldnt count in my list of favorite ever films! Then I watched Mary and Martha this morning on iplayer- a great location for a very sad but moving story based on real events- it didnt get a good review but it would encourage me to donate towards eradicating malaria.


Now the sewing stuff- decided to tackle a Kaffe Fasset style quilt with his fabrics, and came across this one from Jane Brocket's The gentle Art of Quilt Making- another blogger made this  and I pinned it- I fell in love with hers so decided to do my own. 







Just needs backing and quilting and binding! and then it may be headed for a friends birthday if I can bear to part with it! 



This is todays project- Modas  stich in colour jelly roll by Malka Dubrawsky is headed for a bento box quilt - probably lap size and probably for a wedding gift. 


And finally- a real cute strawberry!!!

H.xx




No comments:

Post a Comment