Sunday 4 March 2012

Day tripper.....

I am a creature of impulse, so on a whim I joined the Friends of the Royal Academy on Friday night online, so that I could go up first thing Saturday and see the David Hockney Exhibition! No queues for me- I met my friend Laura and we went straight in past the long line of wet visitors and had a lovely time!

Here is a picture from a postcard of my favourite picture in there, created on ipad and painted on multiple canvases. I have bought the Brushes app for my ipad but i am not at all sure I am going to get results like this!


After a coffee and a stroll round Covent garden, where there were a lot of big eggs on display as part of the Faberge Big egg Hunt, I took the tube up to Islington.



I have been trying to get to Raystitch for a while , but managed to go when it was closed. It is a lovely shop, lots of great fabrics and a coffee bar. I first came across them at the Knitting and stitching show, and the shop is becoming more widely known now. The japanese fabrics they carry are quite hard to find where I live. 


It was a beautiful day in London, so I took a stroll round to The Make Lounge, another little gem for crafters and stitchers, with some lovely fabrics and books and some great classes. 

My indulgences in the way of purchases were a little abstract, but I have a terrible habit of getting fabric I like when I see it and putting it in the stash for the future.....


A couple of Kaffe Fasset and a couple of Michael Miller!


This japanese kokka and ribbon are so sweet- I have an embroidery ring in mind for making a picture with these. 

Another great day out- must do some more stitching tonight- the caravan quilt is growing.............will post another picture soon
H.xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog, love the look of your trip to London, fantastic material, you have to get material when you see it or it might not be there another time, well thats my motto anyway and the excuse I use! Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Julie, great to have you visit my blog- I have now visited yours and love it- I must viit Sidmouth I think!! You live in a great area, we are so lucky to have beautiful surrounding. Love your pictures. All the best
      Heather xx

      Delete