Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas blog not!

Not doing Christmas this year, off to Hawaii to celebrate my big Birthday- thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Many apologies for abandonng the blog for some time- dads been poorly, work has been manic in the run up to the holidays, and only a small amount of sewing has been achieved.
That said, here is what I have managed to squeeze in-


My frend Susie, the best car booter on the planet, bought a bindle of precit fabric squares for a mere pound! With the addition of 2 cheap thrift pillow cases for the back, I turned it into this cute baby quilt




This Kate Spain xmas jelly roll had needed using for a while, so I did a bit of scrappy tripping around the world to refresh my memory of the process , and added some log cabin strips. This was backed by a tarton duvet cover- slight issue with the stretching of the fabric slightly , so for a tablecloth it doesnt sit quite flat! 



Experimented with the scraps to make 3 rug mugs. 

The only other outing I have had recently wa a trip to see Jools Holland at the BIC- 
brilliant night, one of the best live performances I have seen for a long time! Mel C guested, and was also excellent.







And here is my one concession to hanging xmas decorations up! These hearts I amde a few years ago and I always bring them out- still my favourites. 

Well, Happy holidays to one and all, and heres to a very happy and healthy 2014.
Hxx



1 comment: