Saturday 29 June 2013

African waxed prints.....

I have finally got around to making use of the gorgeous African waxed prints that my daughter  brought back from Ghana for me. As the prints are large I used 10 inch squares to show them off!


Although they looked good on  a light background, I decided to go with a darker one to bring out the colour . 


Ikea came up trumps with a great backing fabric, just the right colours!


And a turquise binding just to finish it off!!

And today-our summer finally arrived and I took a trip to Mottisfont National Trust gardens. This is famous for its rose gardens, at their best or just over at the moment. 












And finally- you may recall tht I won 4 great Kaffe Fasset charm packs from Creative bug- well decided to experiment with one pack. I wanted to try out the snowball pattern- heres the result: 
lots of badly matched up seams, noticeably in the inner squares that are spotty fabric- too noticeable! This will need a lot of practise! I think I may come up with a different plan for the rest of the charm packs....


Thats all for now folks- beach time tomorrow!!!x







No comments:

Post a Comment