Thursday 30 August 2012

Life is good.....

I have had a lovely day off today- I had to pick my son up at Heathrow- he has just had a year in Japan as part of his degree ( reading Japanese) and this is what he brought back for me!


It is an amazing patchwork book, with loads of gorgeous blocks and such good diagrams that language is not a problem- that said, he can translate for me when needed!! I first saw it on another blog, but I cannot think whose it was so at this moment unable to say thank you for the tip! 

Meanwhile, my disappearing 9 patch attempt is coming together nicely although not sure what to make with the blocks, probably end up as a lap quilt.


Once again, I am using lots of Kaffe Fasset fabrics as they are my favourite and I have lots in my stash. 
My daughter has just seen the Red Arrows over at the Bournemouth air show-she lives near the coast there, lucky thing! I am hoping to see them over the weekend from the beach hut, and especially cant wait to the the Vulcan-that is truly a sight for sore eyes and the roar of the engines is something else!!

Have a good weekend all

Heatherx  


1 comment:

  1. Now that's a well-trained son you've got there! I agree about the Japanese books, the photos are fabulous and you really don't need a translator to understand the diagrams. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!! (Or is it just a drooling book??)

    ReplyDelete