Thursday 16 February 2012

My very first award!


Well, this is a complete surprise and something I thought would happen to other people and not me!! 
This is going to stretch my skills, but they say if you use your brain it staves of dementia so here goes! 

I would like to say a big thank you to Alix for nominating me and I really hope I get it right! There is going to be plenty of cutting and pasting going on in a minute!

The rules for taking part in the Versatile Blogger are : 
You should pass it on to 15 recently discovered blogs and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Then you have to share 7 things about yourself. Finally thank the award giver and link back to them.

OK, thats the last bit done first, now I will try and think of 7 things about myself- hy does ones mind go blank when asked these sorts of questions??

1. I have jumped out of a plane to do 2 static line parachute jumps and survived to tell the tale.
Now I cannot even go on a scary ride at a theme park!

2. I have been to America 28 times and Hawaii is my favourite place on earth. Still havent managed to get to grips with the hula hula! 

3. I went to the same school as Janet Sreet Porter, but have straighter teeth !

4. I got 2 great documents when I was 40- one was a first class honours degree ,the other was my divorce !

5. I adore bluegrass music and used to teach cajun dancing for fun. 

6. I worked for Crisis at Christmas again this year and had a great time giving a little bit back.

7. I have 2 amazing kids- my daughter is a brilliant teacher and my son is at uni reading Japanese- I couldnt ask for any more in life. 


I am constantly looking at new blogs - its great to see the talent and skills out there, its so inspiring to see what others are doing, and to be able to interact with it all. This bit of nominating 15 blogs could be a problem as there are so many I like, so please, no one take offence if you are missed out, nor if you are nominated and dont wish to be. 

Here goes:

Phew- I am exhausted now, but it is done and I have had a great time -so thanks again to alix
I am off to the States for 5 days on Saturday, lots of fabric shopping coming on, I can feel it! 
I hope I haven't bored you all with my acceptance speech!!

TTFN

7 comments:

  1. Hi - thanks for the award! I will be pleased to do the Versatile Blogger thing at some point in the near future - but I can't promise my seven things will be half as interesting as yours! xC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for giving me this lovely award. I will have a think and try and come up with a few interesting facts about myself for a future blog posting.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pleased you were happy to accept - these things can be a bit of a double edged sword! Interesting to read your facts - I'm with you on the theme park rides... I have never been to the States at all, but I did see quite a bit of Hawaii last week, going to watch 'The Descendants'! Looks beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating my blog marmalade and catmint! I have already got the award on my blog but it was lovely of you to think of me.Have a great time in the US I love it there,cant wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweetie for the award it's very kind of you. I'm glad you enjoy my blog and find a little inspiration here and there in amongst the ramble. Bring back lots of goodies to show us. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, thank you for the award, much appreciated. I loved your 7 fascinating facts. Blimey the parachute jump - you brave thing you. Fancy having been to America 28 times! I'm very envious. You must have seen it all surely.

    I'm intrigued when you say you went to the same school as Janet Street Porter. Was it St Margaret's in Fulham? I didn't go there (too posh) but lived close by and always wanted to go there for some reason! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, yes it was Lady Margaret's, and I lived in fulham! Are you still local there or have you moved?
    Heather.x ps I am not at all posh!,

    ReplyDelete