Sunday 23 September 2012

Project Linus virgin!

Having attended the Rectory Quilters festival last week, I decided it was time to start making quilts for
Project Linus. I picked up a leaflet from the local co-ordinator and read thro the requirements . I decided that to start with, the 20"x20" size for the prem babies would be a good start and well within my capabilities!
Now I did cheat a litttle- I had this quilt top hanging around for a while and I couldnt decide what to do with it -so i cut it down to size and backed with fleece.



I am pretty happy with the result- I have emailed the co-ordinator and wait for her instruction! 
I am no longer a linus virgin!! I know there are lots of you out there, in other countries too,  that are well versed in this charity, so I am glad to join your ranks!

TTFN
Hx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely project to get involved in Heather, fab quilt too!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria- good excuse to use up all the things I try out and dont know what to do with!
      H.x

      Delete
  2. I had not heard of this project - what a great idea, and a fab excuse to quilt away till your heart's content!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to have a purpose for making things! I love the small size for premmies- good excuse to use up the ever growing stash!
      H.x

      Delete